Monday, July 15, 2013

DIY Hair Clip Holder from a Picture Frame

I finished the kids' rooms!  In the next week or two I'll be posting about the various projects I worked on for each room.  Here is one of my favorite elements of my daughter's room...


I found some sheets at Wal Mart in the leopard print and I used it for most of the projects in the room.

Here is the before and after
The frame is something I found at a garage sale (two years ago) with the intention of doing this one day.  That is NOT a quick turn around, but hey, at least it's done now.

I took the frame apart by unscrewing it from the back.  I then placed a sheet of batting over the picture and particle board that made up the back of the frame

Then came the fabric layer

The fabric was cut to fit a little better


I then cris-crossed the pink gross grain ribbon to lay it out.  I used a little dab of hot glue at each of the intersections.  Then I turned it over and hot glued the heck out of all the layers to the back of the particle board.


Here's what the back looked like right before I went nuts with the glue gun.  I replaced the screws that held the back onto the frame at this point.


I also added these little gems from Hobby Lobby to give it a little sparkle.  What did I use to adhere them?  You guessed it!  Hot glue!


Here is it all done but without any bows or clips on it.

What do you think?  It was definitely a hit with the little one.  She is such a girlie girl... I seriously have no idea where she gets it!  I didn't have so much as a Barbie doll growing up.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jamie

This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic repurpose! It turned out so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great before and after!! LOVE It....plus you can never have enough places to put all the bows. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious! It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and pinned it too! :) Visiting via The Answer is Chocolate's link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute! It's girly but not too pink. My daughter is constantly losing her hair clips, so this might be a great solution! I'm stopping by from Tatertots & Jello (#79 Budget Bathroom Makeover) Have a great weekend!
    CarrieThisHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so super cute. I will be featuring this tomorrow night at my Sizzle into Summer party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, it's my first time to visit your blog! I always misplace my hair clips. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I love this! I love that it can also hold headbands! Thanks so much for sharing! Stopping by from Hoyby Crafts. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...