Monday, January 21, 2013

{You're a Great Catch} Valentines

These are my son's valentines from last year

I loved how they turned out and they were really easy to do!

The hardest part was getting him to hold the fishing pole in the right place for the picture.

Once I got that, I added some text to the image and had enough prints for everyone in the class printed at Costco in 4" x 6".  I clipped the corners and then glued them to cardstock cut to 6" x 8".

Add the Swedish fish and you're done!  I originally made them with chocolates that I made in the shape of a fish mold, but then remembered that our school is nut-free (the chocolate I used had traces of nuts in it).  Doh!  The Swedish fish saved the day though.

Now I need to start working on this year's valentines!  Maybe I'll blog about them next year.  Do you have any good ideas for valentines this year?

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jamie

featured here:
Creations by Kara This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

13 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! I'm not sure the new school my son attends does Valentine's in middle school. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to personalize Valentines! Swedish fish are a huge hit with most everyone I know, so I'm sure they loved the treat, too! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Swedish Fish! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I did something similar last year for my kids. Maybe we'll try your out this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

    You can see our cards here ~http://creatingamazing.com/happy-valentines-day-valentines-day-cards/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! I'll be featuring it tomorrow at Creations by Kara. Thinks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! You will be featured on DIY Thrifty 101 this Thursday! Come stop by and grab a I was featured button!

    Michelle @ www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...