Thursday, March 01, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Leg Warmers

My friend, Alyssa from Hands Always Creating, showed me some adorable baby leg warmers she made for her daughter... I fell in love with them!  Alyssa was telling me how easy it was so I couldn't wait to try to make a pair for my little girl...

Just in time for St. Patrick's Day

And they were so easy!  There's a good, detailed tutorial here.

I found these socks at the Forever 21 accessory store

I cut them

and then used the middle part of the foot to make a cuff


I pinned it and sewed it to the main part of the legwarmer

and then ended up with this!

I think she likes them... she didn't want to take them off!

Looks like someone's ready to march in the St. Patrick's Day parade.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings,
Jamie

Featured here
This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

22 comments:

  1. adorable! I'm gonna try some of these for my 'older' daughter (turns 7 this week) by mixing some of her old tights and socks. Let's see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaayyy too cute! Wish I could pull off something like that for myself! ; )

    evie @ brown paper packages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do this as a non-sewer! I'm ghetto enough to just have no cuff sewn on and just cut off long socks :-) Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making these leg warmers and have made quite a few of them for my baby girl over the past year or so. Great idea using St Patty's day colors! I just might have to run out and buy a new pair of socks. :)

    I'm your newest RSS follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable!
    I'll definitely have to keep this in mind for when I see socks on clearance!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute leg warmers. Stuff like this almost makes me wish I had a little girl. Boys for me though. :) I'm having a St. Patty's link party and I'd love to to come share your post.

    http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/02/st-patricks-day-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely adorable, and although I'm not much of a sewer, I might be able to actually do this. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some cute socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute little legwarmers. If you have not linked these up at the Bacon Time Go Green linky and giveaway please do, it's ending soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No pinches for your little Leprechaun on St. Patrick's Day. These are so adorable! TFS at this week's Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!! It could be cute for a little elf or a strawberry shortcake outfit too!! hmm I think I need to find some now!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    xoxo- Rachel @ bubblynaturecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so adorable. I have made some like this with Christmas knee highs before. Sadly, my daughter is getting to large to make these types of legwarmers for anymore. Stopping in from TheStuffofSuccess - have a great week. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love it if you could share this on my link party

    Natasha xx

    serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable!!! Too cute.... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so precious and perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Would you be willing to link this idea up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at those very cute green kiddo toenails! The leg warmers are adorable too! Fun stopping by!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute and what a great idea! I would love for you to share with my readers on Blog Stalking Thursday! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-stalking-thursday-31_07.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Featuring YOU this morning over on my blog. Thank you so much for sharing at {wow me} wednesday last week.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/03/take-look-at-you-st-patricks-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. A small round knitting loom is ideal for making leg warmers with ease. Use any color or texture of thick yarn to fit your needs or combine two thinner strands of yarn to make multicolored leg warmers.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...